Winter is a period where outdoor pools are generally out of commission, but this makes it a perfect time of year for certain repairs and upkeep services. In particular, pool owners who have noticed sinking taking place, either within the pool itself or the deck area surrounding the pool, the cold season can be the perfect time to address this.
At Lift-Up Concrete Lifting LLC, we offer a wide range of residential concrete lifting and leveling services, including for decks and surrounding areas like pools. Let’s look at some of the causes and signs of pools or their decks sinking or experiencing other concrete damage, plus how concrete leveling this winter often makes a perfect remedy.
Pool Sinking Causes
Pools themselves may sink for a few different reasons, with weight being one of the most common. We don’t often think about the weight of the water in a pool, but it’s significant – one gallon of water is just over eight pounds, after all, and concrete weighs nearly 150 pounds per cubic foot.
In addition, water from the pool may seep into the soil nearby over time, saturating it and allowing it to settle. This can lead to unequal sinking in many cases, where differing soil conditions cause one side of the pool to drop while the other remans level. This, in turn, creates further cracking and leaking risks, a cycle that will persist until something is done about it.
Pool Deck Cracks and Sinking
Pool decks can also become uneven due to similar effects, with cracking being a particular risk for these surfaces. Gaps in deck surfaces can expose the soil beneath, leading to further saturation from water and exposure to the elements.
Over time, as hollow areas start to collect, pop-ups appear on the deck surface, sinking certain slabs and chipping other surfaces. Once again, this is a condition that will simply worsen with time, making the surface both ugly and unsafe.
How Concrete Leveling Helps
There are numerous benefits to concrete leveling when it comes to repairing sinking pools or decks:
- Cost: Compared to replacing a pool deck or pool, concrete lifting and leveling are generally half the price or less.
- Waterproofing: We’ll use waterproof sealing solutions that limit erosion and soil settlement risks.
- Quick: Our services allow for quick injections to lift and level the surface, without major downtime you have to worry about.
- Safe: Our materials are safe and eco-friendly, with no risks of chemicals seeping into the soil or the pool.
- Consistency: Our lifting and leveling services bring reliable, consistent results you can count on for any area that needs to be raised.
For more on concrete lifting for your pool or pool deck, or to learn about any of our concrete lifting and leveling services, speak to the staff at Lift-Up Concrete Lifting LLC today.